[pox-dev] Install actions to indirectly connected switches

Ayush Dusia adusia at udel.edu
Wed Apr 22 09:49:31 PDT 2015

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply!

I have installed a permanent rule in S1 to forward the packets to S2 that
have destination address of S2.

Topology: C0 - S1 - S2

Now, when I want to install rules in S2, how should I go about it?

1) Should I create a ofp_packet_out with destination of S2, attached
ofp_flow_mod packet (rules for S2) as data to it and send it to S1?

2) Should I create a ofp_flow_mod packet which has destination address of
S2 and send it to S1?

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Ayush