[pox-dev] Install actions to indirectly connected switches

Lucas Brasilino lrbbs at cin.ufpe.br
Wed Apr 22 05:19:41 PDT 2015

Hi Ayush,

Since controller connects to switch using a TCP session, if S1 acts like a
learning switch or already has rules on its flow table
allowing TCP connections from C0 to S2, C0 will control S2.

Just be aware that if S1 is an OF switch and those rules mentioned above
expires, you will lost control over S2, even for a while.
What I mean is that until you restore S1 rules, some switch-to-controller
messages like 'Packet In', 'Port Status', 'FlowRemoved' and
so forth can be lost, leading for a network's state mismatch.

--
Att
Lucas Brasilino