[pox-dev] PortMod message

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:59:16 PDT 2012

I've updated the wiki with a bit of helpful info here:
https://openflow.stanford.edu/display/ONL/POX+Wiki#POXWiki-ConnectionUp

The key is that there is port information stored on the Connection object itself, and the same information is available directly on the ConnectionUp event object.

connection.features.ports (or connectionup_event.ofp.ports) is an array of information about switch ports in the form of ofp_phy_port objects.  These give hardware addresses and such for the ports.

Hope that helps.

-- Murphy