[pox-dev] How can POX get packet counts (or beta transferred) from a switch within a timeline.

Weiyang Mo moweiyang1988 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:21:19 PDT 2012

Hi,All,

I try to use packet counts from switches within a time period (e.g
10secs) to do some routing.  In the documentation
https://openflow.stanford.edu/display/ONL/POX+Wiki#POXWiki-StatisticEvent it
mentions that it's possible to do this using a timer. I guess using 'time
to wake' to call a counting function may help.

However I'm not famiiar with getting statistics from a switch. More than
one flow, I want to get total packet counts within 10 seconds from all flow
entries. Could you please help to give me a simple examples about this?

Thanks very much.

Best

Weiyang