[pox-dev] PortMod message

Stefano Esposito stefano.esposito87 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:17:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

    I’m trying to send a portmod message to a specific switch to set the OFPPC_NO_FLOOD flag on a specific port. I’m doing this on startup, so I can decide to which switch I’m sending the message using connection.dpid. Now, I send the message with this code:

    msg = of.ofp_port_mod()
    msg.port_no = 1
    msg.config = of.OFPPC_NO_FLOOD
    connection.send(msg)

but the switch reply to this message with an error complaining about the hw address mismatch. Reading the openflow specs I understand that the hw address has to be sent as a sanity check with the port mod message and that I could get the right from a port status message but how can I have the switch send me a port status message on a port of my choice and not as an event notification? Or is there another way to get the hw address?

Thanks,
Stefano.