[pox-dev] Flow rule installation using POX

Sukheja, Himanshu hxs376 at psu.edu
Wed Mar 13 20:36:30 PDT 2019

 have created a simple topology using Mininet in which I have created a single switch and connected it to a remote controller (POX). I installed a simple flow rule using Mininet CLI which commands the switch to drop all packets.

sh ovs-ofctl add-flow s1 priority=40000,hard_timeout=30,actions=drop

Now In POX CLI I run the following command

msg = of.ofp_flow_mod(command=of.OFPFC_DELETE)

Although now when I do a Dump-flow command on mininet terminal it still shows the flow is installed
Also, I tried to ping h1 and h2, and the packets are being dropped (which means that the flow is still there)

Could you please point out the error in my execution here.

Thanks