[pox-dev] Connecting pox controller to openvswitch

S hj segunhz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 19:05:08 PDT 2017

Hello,

I run pox controller in the home route of ubuntu 14.0 and I want to connect
an OVS simulated in the CORE emulator to this controller .
I checked different ip addresses of pox controller as follows,

ovs-vsctl set-controller mybridge tcp:127.0.0.1:6633
ovs-vsctl set-controller mybridge tcp:127.0.0.1:6653
ovs-vsctl set-controller mybridge tcp:127.0.0.1:6633
ovs-vsctl set-controller mybridge tcp:0.0.0.0:6633
ovs-vsctl set-controller mybridge tcp::6633

However, OVS cannot connect to the controller.

Also, using "ifconfig -a", I have two different addresses for eth0 and eth1
of the ubuntu. Should you I use this ip addresses for the connection to the
controller? (these ip addresses are not in the same network of defined ip
address of OVS.)

Thank you