[pox-dev] writing flow rules in intermediate nodes

S hj segunhz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:25:02 PST 2017

Hello,

I have the following topology and want to install rules in nodes
(openvswitch nodes) to communicate with each other.

N1(10.0.0.1) --- N2(10.0.0.2)--- N3(10.0.0.3)

each node has another interface to connect to the controller directly.

I want to write flow rules to help n2 to forward a packet from n1 to n3.

So at first n1 sends a packetIn message to get the rules to communicate
with n2 as following:

(If the source of packet is n1 and the destination in n2, send the packet
to the port)

fm= of.ofp_flow_mod()

fm.match.nw_src = “10.0.0.1”

fm.match.nw_dst = “10.0.0.2”

fm.actions.append(of.ofp_action_output(port= of.OFPP_FLOOD)

event.connection.send(fm)

Then in n2, I want to write a flow rule that if it receive a packet from n1
, forward that to n3.

Could you let me know how should I write this rule?

Thank you