[pox-dev] To remove flow_entries and keep specific ones (wildcards)

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:31:35 PDT 2012

On Sep 28, 2012, at 12:19 PM, Weiyang Mo wrote:
> For example, only using clear1.match.tp_src = 80 won't work.
>
> We should use the following instead:
>  clear1.match.dl_type = 0x800
>  clear1.match.nw_proto = 6
>  clear1.match.tp_src = 80
>
> I guess that's because the match fields are also layerd, thus I cannot match tp_src (which is layer 3) directly. I should go through dl_type(layer 2) , nw_proto (protocol) first.  Am I right?

Right.  That's the idea.  It's not clear from the 1.0 spec at all, but it's slightly clearer in the 1.1 spec.

> Now it seems more clear to me but my quesion still exists. How can keep specific TCP entries and delete others?

There's no direct way to do it with wildcards.  As William says, you can delete all of them and add the ones you want back in.  Alternatively, you can keep track of all the ones you install (or query the table) and delete them all individually with DELETE_STRICT.

-- Murphy