[pox-dev] how to specify wildcards in ofp_match.from_packet()?

William Emmanuel Yu wyu at ateneo.edu
Wed Sep 26 02:32:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

I implemented your recommendation the packet_out() bit and created a
version that uses resend (required the betta branch of pox) as well. You
are right. I now have a version that does not drop packets (except for
the new at the start when the switch isn't discovered yet).

https://github.com/hip2b2/poxstuff/blob/master/of_sw_tutorial.py
https://github.com/hip2b2/poxstuff/blob/master/of_sw_tutorial_resend.py

Additional, the new implementation of BAD SWITCH demonstrates the
problem with one sided route adding as it will always trigger a
broadcast thus showing the inefficiency.

Thank you for your help. On to the next project.