[pox-dev] how to specify wildcards in ofp_match.from_packet()?

William Emmanuel Yu wyu at ateneo.edu
Tue Sep 25 01:00:36 PDT 2012

Hi Murphy,

Thanks for the file again. Here is my tutorial file that I am going to
use to demonstrate various types of hub/switch implementations.

https://github.com/hip2b2/poxstuff/blob/master/of_sw_tutorial.py

I implemented both a BAD SWITCH (that only does destination MAC mapping)
and a PAIR-WISE SWITCH (that does both source and destination MAC
mapping). Mysteriously, both switches work identically.

You implementation below I called IDEAL PAIR-WISE SWITCH which
definitely saves time as it adds both flows in one go.

Also in my pox repo the following:

    msg = of.ofp_packet_out(resend = event.ofp)
    msg.actions.append(of.ofp_action_output(port = of.OFPP_ALL))
    msg.send(event.connection)

does not seem to work as my of.ofp_packet_out() does not support the
resend attribute. The msg object does not have a send() function. So I
re-wrote it again what I knew already worked which is in my
bcast_packet() function.

Thank you!

PS. For those who are wondering. This code isn't meant for production
use but for instructional purposes.

--
William Emmanuel S. Yu, Ph.D. (杨怀义)
Department of Information Systems and Computer Science

Confidentiality Issue:  This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
notify us immediately by reply and delete this message from your system.