[pox-dev] How can POX get packet counts (or beta transferred) from a switch within a timeline.

Weiyang Mo moweiyang1988 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:49:48 PDT 2012

Hi,William,

Thanks for your advice and that's what I already did. What I meant is that
although I sent such request, I don't have ideas how to get the reply back.
I do modifications as follows in forwarding.l2_learning, which sends
request right after sending flow entry request.

           msg = of.ofp_flow_mod()
            msg.match = of.ofp_match.from_packet(packet)
            msg.match.in_port = packet_in.in_port
            msg.idle_timeout = 30
            msg.hard_timeout = 30
            msg.actions.append(of.ofp_action_output(port = out_port))
            self.connection.send(msg)

"-----------------------------------------------------"
           req = of.ofp_flow_stats_request()
           re = of.ofp_stats_request(body = req)
           self.connection.send(re)

When I try pinging between hosts, it works correctly and the statistics
request has been sent. The question is  that the switches sent "stats
reply back" to controller ( I detect them through wireshark) however from
controller side, I don't now how to catch the reply packet and parse it as
I want.

Any advice?

Thanks very much.

Weiyang