[pox-dev] Forwarding L2 Learning Example Behavior

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 00:12:11 PDT 2012

On Sep 7, 2012, at 12:03 AM, William Emmanuel Yu wrote:

> I think I understand what you are saying. It does keep registered flows.
> Anyway, here is what I tested it on. Then I also did a version of hub
> that registered flow instead. Now when running iperf I can see the
> throughput difference between the hub and switch implementations. Hope
> its ok.

This version doesn't suffer from the problem I was referring to because it installs exact-match rules (or something close), not MAC-only rules.  It does this using ofp_match.from_packet().

> On monitoring, I found your fork and am going to take a look at the
> webservices bit.

It may not be the best example, but at least it shows how to create the packet, I think.  It's openflow.webservice that I'm referring to.

-- Murphy