[pox-dev] Forwarding L2 Learning Example Behavior

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:04:22 PDT 2012

On Sep 6, 2012, at 10:55 PM, William Emmanuel S. Yu wrote:

> Let me try modifying the example to display the different parameters and allow for ANY_IP and ANY_PORT to behave like a typical L2 only switch. Are those the other things affected?

This is slightly more subtle than one might think.  You can't just install destination-MAC-only rules.  There's an example of an L2-only learning switch in POXDesk (written in JavaScript).

> On the monitoring solution, is there an example in Pox for obtaining flow counters?

I'm not sure about that, but there's some stuff on stats in general in the OpenFlow webservice that was added recently in my fork which should get you close if not all the way there.

-- Murphy